Wednesday, August 20, 2008

EquiFAT

I went to my shiny gym today to have my Equifit test. I met my trainer, K, who is so cute I want to put her in my pocket, even after she poked and pinched and made me sweat!

First, she handed me a heart rate monitor, which I've never worn before. I strapped it on, and we headed to the treadmill. She hikes the incline to 10 (TEN!!!) and starts off slow. Now, I've been jogging for a few weeks, so my calves, thank God, are not in completely disastrous state, otherwise I think I may have started crying, going at that incline! So, calves in order, I start walking. After a couple of minutes, K increases the speed, until I finally got to the goal, which apparently was 175 (85% of my heart rate potential, or something medical like that which I don't quite understand yet). I was pretty huffy and puffy, but I felt pretty good.

Next, we go to a room where she took my weight (which of course is 3 lbs higher than my scale at home says. How does that work!?!?), checked to see my squat form (apparently good), and then prodded me with this trippy little pincher device which she used all over - my upper arms, my hips, my thighs (basically, a woman's least favorite places to be poked at). Final verdict -- my body fat percentage is 31%!!! Now, K, sweet gal that she is, tried to make me feel better by saying it's really easy to improve that, especially doing my favorite thing which is weights. But still, I felt like a big fatty after she told me that my goal should be between 21-25%. I am ten whole percentage points over!!

This totally inspires me to keep going to my shiny gym, even more than the hefty price does! A year from now, I want that percentage to be at 21%, baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment