Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Dumb comment of the week

On Sunday, M and I went exploring (aka got away from the downstairs' neighbor's loud-ass TV) and discovered a new mall close to our apartment. This mall has a Macy's, and this Macy's employs the winner of this week's "Dumb comment" award. Envision:
(me): "Ooh, look at this cute, long, flowy jersey skirt! This looks sooo comfortable! But, it's so flowy, and long -- what kind of shirt would this go with so it doesn't look sloppy?! Hey, there's a dependable-looking sales associate! I will ask her what she recommends."
[I approach said sales associate]
(me): "Excuse me, but what kind of shirt do you think would go well with this skirt?"
[The lady looks at me bewildered. Pauses, speaks]
(she): "We also have this in pants."

WE HAVE A WINNER for DUMBEST COMMENT OF THE WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment