Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Beedle the Bard

The Tales of Beedle the Bard The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
The Tales of Beedle the Bard is pretty witty! A short collection of fairy tales, translated by Hermione Granger, is supplemented with essays by Albus Dumbledore himself after each tale. The tales are short and very kid-friendly, and the last one ties in directly with the Harry Potter plot. I gave the book only three stars because there were so few tales! I wanted a whole volume! The first tale, about a hopping magical cauldron, is really cute and funny, and I can see myself telling it to my own kids! Actually all of them are worthy to be re-told, and there is definitely a Rowling-ness to them -- a hairy heart, a wart-covered cauldron, a witch turning into a bunny... Oh, how I miss the HP books!


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment