Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tuesday is Rant Day

A strange and frightening species has invaded my hallowed place of serenity (i.e., the Mountain View Library). Squeals, screams, and whimpers are being heard throughout this place of quietude and reflection. BABIES have somehow appeared in the midst! They are everywhere! I walked across the second floor to use the restroom and I encountered THREE (3!!!!!) babies just on the way there and back. These aren't even toddlers. These are those lumpy, squishy, drooly, kitten-eyed blobs who can't keep their own heads up. Tiny, barely out of the womb babies! What in the name of Melville are people doing with BABIES at a public library? They can't read. They can't even speak. They make random and rude noises, and most importantly, they violate the silence that I and the rest of the studious or otherwise Solitaire-playing people who have come to the MVL for some peace and quiet, seek! I know it's difficult to raise babies and have time for one's own interests, but for James' sake, hire a babysitter or give the kid some Benadryl and leave it alone for 15 minutes while you sneak off to the library for whatever you need. Or better yet, sign on to your laptop at home and trust me you will find whatever it is you need on that incredible invetion, the internet! That way, your screaming BABY will bother no one but yourself and your unfortunate neighbors. Why must people bring their babies EVERYWHERE? The library, the mall, restaurants, even PFF meetings at CGU! Ugh. If I have a baby I hope I don't turn into one of these drones who think because they have to love their spawn, so must everyone around them. It's bad enough when people drag their forsaken tiny dogs in purses and sweaters everywhere, but at least the dogs don't scream bloody murder in the middle of a LIBRARY. Ok, now that the rant is over, I must try to re-focus on the task at hand, which currently is reading up on current public policy issues that the FSI Institute is participating in. Oodles of joy!! (And yes, I am using a picture of Dubya with a baby because he makes me want to scream like the baby he's trying not to drop).

No comments:

Post a Comment