Thursday, September 18, 2008

How could anyone hurt a pig?!?!?

Now, I eat pork, and I find it mighty tasty. I don't know exactly how I justify this, while at the same time holding a huge soft spot for the snouted creatures. All I can say is that eating pigs once they have been killed seem to be okay with me, but actually hurting them while they are alive and being cruel to them is a very big no-no!!

I came across a story on the cnn.com website from a couple of days ago about these awful people in Iowa who take out all their pent-up frustrations due to huge inadequacies in every aspect of their life (this is my deduction) by doing horrible things to the pigs they grow for Hormel.

Read the story here and get mad!!

The awful, awful men apparently stuck metal rods up sows' patoots, and even slammed cute little piglets on the floor! Now, I have been around pigs before, and know how large they can get. I wonder why the sows didn't turn right around and smash those bastards to the ground and stomp on them!!

UPDATE
I had actually written the above before watching the video accompanying the story (click "Video" at top right to view) and I have to admit that it made me so mad that I actually teared up (annoying thing I do when super pissed, I cry, go figure). I usually poke fun at PETA and I think a lot of the things they do are really hypocritical, but this time I hope that they bring these assholes to full prosecution. The video is appaerntly "heavily edited" and I can't even imagine what else they do to these poor piggies. Hateful hateful people!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment